Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Miscellaneous FAQs


This page provides answers to miscellaneous frequently asked questions.
Use the links below to go directly to any section:
Contact DMV
How do I contact DMV?
You may contact DMV by phone, mail, email or in person, depending upon your location and the activity or information you require.

Job Postings
How can I find DMV job postings?
To access our job postings you may follow the steps below:
  1. Go to the state Jobs page at http://www.oregon.gov/jobs/Pages/index.aspx.
  2. Click on the "Look for Jobs" link in the left menu bar.
  3. Scroll down to the "Department" section (skipping the "Categories" and "Locations" sections) using the page scroll bar.
  4. At the "Department" section, scroll down to "Transportation-DMV" using the section scroll bar (vs. the page scroll bar).
  5. Select "Transportation-DMV" by clicking on the corresponding checkbox.
  6. Scroll down to the bottom of the page using the page scroll bar and click on the "Apply Search" button.
  7. After the page refreshes, scroll down to see all the posted DMV job openings using the page scroll bar.
  8. Click on a "Job Title" to access a position description.
  9. From the position description you may apply online by clicking on the "Apply" link on the right-hand side near the top of the page or follow the instructions for applying by mail or in person (if provided).
Note: If you are a current state employee, you may view restricted job postings (i.e., those not open to the public) by clicking on the "Internal Postings" link before executing the steps above.

Manufactured Structures
How do I transport a manufactured structure (mobile home)?
DMV does not process transactions for manufactured structures (mobile homes).

Passport Cards
Does Oregon DMV issue an enhanced license or ID card that allows border crossing?
Oregon DMV does not issue a special driver license or ID card that serves as a passport to allow U.S. citizens to cross international borders. This type of passport card is issued by the federal government.

Do I have to register my snowmobile?
If you are an Oregon resident, you must register your snowmobile.