You may have an abandoned vehicle towed from your private property. ORS 98.830
outlines the steps you must take before having it towed:
- You must affix a notice to the vehicle stating that it will be towed if it is not removed, which must remain on the vehicle for 72 hours before the vehicle may be removed.
- You must fill out and sign a form that includes:
- A description of the vehicle to be towed;
- The location of the property from which the vehicle will be towed; and
- A statement that you have complied with subsection 1 (described above) of this section.
After you have posted the notice for 72 hours, you may have the vehicle towed from your property. The form must be provided to the tower who removes the vehicle.
Note: DMV does not provide a form for this purpose. The information needed (described in step 2 above) can be written on a separate piece of paper.