A Racing Activity Vehicle is a motor vehicle that:
1. Is primarily used for racing on a race track and that has:
a. A bodiless tubular steel chassis that forms the main structural component of the vehicle;
b. High side rails;
c. Integral front and rear rollover tubes;
d. A suspension with both front and rear double unequal length wishbones and inboard,
pushrod operated dampers; and
e. A product identification number instead of a vehicle identification number; and
2. Is not a replica or an assembled vehicle.
A racing activity vehicle is exempt from vehicle equipment requirements under ORS 815.040, 815.075, 815.250, 815.295 and 815.310
if the vehicle is equipped with original manufacturer’s equipment and accessories or their equivalent; and the vehicle is maintained in safe operating condition. Racing activity vehicle operation is limited to:
1. Exhibitions, parades or club activities;
2. Driving the vehicle from the person’s home to a race track that is within a 90-mile radius of
a person’s home; or
3. Test driving the vehicle for maintenance or repair purposes within a 30-mile radius of where
the vehicle is maintained or repaired.
A racing activity vehicle can be operated for purposes of a test drive within a 30-mile radius of the location where the vehicle is manufactured without obtaining registration. A racing activity vehicle is limited to operation on highways with a speed limit or posted speed of 55 miles per hour or less.