Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Manufactured Structure Trip Permits

General Information

Manufactured Structure Trip Permits are needed to transport manufactured structures (such as mobile homes or prefabricated houses) on public roads and highways. Each unit of the structure must have a separate Manufactured Structure Trip Permit. 
These trip permits do not authorize operation of loads that exceed legal highway limits. Any movement over the highway of a manufactured structure that exceeds the legal highway limits (including all structures over 8 1/2 feet in width) must be covered by a special transportation permit.

How To Buy This Permit
Contact your county assessor to purchase a manufactured structure trip permit. DMV does not issue these permits.

Related Information
Additional information that may be relevant includes: