To apply, you must provide DMV with a request that includes:
- Your name;
- Your address;
- Driver license or ID card number, and state of issuance (if not Oregon);
- The year, make and model of the vehicle;
- The maximum weight the vehicle will be operated at;
- The vehicle identification number (VIN)**; and
- Payment (check made out to "Oregon DMV" or money order).
** Proof of the VIN is required, if the vehicle is not titled in Oregon, or Oregon DMV has no record of the vehicle. Examples of acceptable proof of the VIN are:
You can purchase DMV issued permits at DMV offices
located throughout the state, or from DMV headquarters by mail
. If submitting your request by mail, include a letter with all the requirements listed above.
You may also purchase registration weight trip permits at most Motor Carrier Transportation Division (MCTD) registration offices.
To activate or buy highway permits or over-dimensional permits, contact the Motor Carrier Transportation Division
at (503) 378-6699.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact DMV