ConnectOregon application process open
ODOT has opened the application process for ConnectOregon V.
Here is the approximate timeline for the application process (subject to change):
· Applications are due November 25th.
· Completeness, eligibility and economic benefit, feasibility and statutory consideration reviews will be completed by mid-January.
· Modal review committees will evaluate applications starting in February of 2014.
· Reviews by regional committees will follow modal review committees. The regional review will take place from late March through May of 2014.
· The Final Review Committee will meet in June to integrate the reviews by the regional and modal review committees and make a recommendation to the Oregon Transportation Commission (OTC).
· The OTC will hold a public hearing in July before adopting a final project list in August.
In July, the Oregon Legislature approved $42 million in funding for a fifth installment of the multimodal ConnectOregon program. In addition to the rail, port/marine, aviation, and transit projects the program traditionally funds, the Legislature made bicycle and pedestrian projects that are not eligible for State Highway Funds eligible to compete for ConnectOregon funding.
ConnectOregon was created in 2005 by the Legislature to invest the proceeds of lottery-backed bonds in grants and loans to non-highway transportation projects that promote economic development in Oregon. With this fifth infusion, the Legislature has provided a total of $382 million in ConnectOregon funding that has paid to construct dozens of projects across the state.