Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Frequently Asked Questions

Here at ODOT's Construction Section we get a variety of inquiries via phone and the e-mail from customers looking for resources or answers to questions. We've listed some of the most requested questions below with answers.

If your question is not addressed here, please send an e-mail to Lori Butler.  

Q. Where can I find As-Built drawings?
A. The contact person for As-Built drawings is Lloyd Bledsoe at (503) 986-3792.
Q. Where can I find information regarding road construction in my area?
A. If the construction is on a state highway, you can go to www.tripcheck.com to view information regarding road closures, construction, and delays in your area.
Q. Where can I purchase manuals from ODOT?
A. You can go to http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/CS/CONSTRUCTION/Pages/Manuals.aspx for a list of manuals sold online. You may also contact Contractor Plans at (503) 986-3407.  
Q. I am looking for a specific manual, where can I find a list of manuals (publications, guides)?
A. The best all inclusive resource I found was at http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/HWY/TECHSERV/pages/alphamanuals.aspx.
Q. Where can I find a list of current or upcoming ODOT construction projects?
A. Go to http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/CS/CONSTRUCTION/pages/Letting_Schedules.aspx to view current and upcoming projects. To request information regarding a specific project, click on the year of the project, then scroll through the list to find the project name. Either print or write down all the information provided on that project. Find the region where the construction took place and contact the region directly (http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/pages/highwayregions.aspx). Provide the contract number of the project and ask to speak to the project manager of that project.
Q. I am looking for a past construction project. Where can I find this information?
A. See answer to question above.
Q. I'm a contractor, how can I get prequalified to bid on ODOT jobs?
A. Go to http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/CS/CONSTRUCTION/Pages/Prequalification.aspx for information regarding contractor prequalification.
Q. We are a small company looking to have our firm's name added to the ODOT suppliers/vendors list. Please advise the best way for us to sign up.
A. Go to http://orpin.oregon.gov/open.dll/welcome?language= En where you can find an online registration form.
Q. Where can I find information on snow tires, chain laws and winter travel?
A. Go to http://www.tripcheck.com/Pages/traction-tires.asp.
Q. Where can I find Standard Drawings?
A. http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/HWY/ENGSERVICES/pages/standard_drawings_home.aspx
Q.  Where can I find Standard Specifications?
A. http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/HWY/SPECS/pages/standard_specifications.aspx