Erosion Control has two primary program areas:
1) Statewide coordination of policies, plans, permits and reports, and
2) Technical Expertise/Continued Improvement.
The goal of project erosion & sediment control is to prevent pollution of water resources as required by National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permits and by other laws, permits, agencies and agreements.
Project Design Objectives include:
- Establish specific measures to prevent soil erosion and off-site sedimentation
- Satisfy permit requirement for an Erosion & Sediment Control Plan (ESCP)
- Create clear contract documents to facilitate project construction
- Minimize project and permit problems for ODOT and project partners