On March 14, 2005
, the American Council of Engineering Companies of Oregon (ACEC) and the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) Steering Committee met in Salem, Oregon to outline a partnership agreement. The intent of the partnering workshop was to formulate a working relationship between ACEC and ODOT that meets partner needs and expectations given today's business context.
Specifically the workshop was organized to address the following items:
- Mutual understanding of the new working context and relationship
- Partner communication and collaboration protocols
- Committee structure and membership
- Issue identification, tracking and resolution
ODOT’s Deputy Director and ODOT representatives will attend the ACEC Board meetings a couple of times a year.
Standing Committees These committees undertake specific work assignments through a work planning process in agreement with the Liaison and Steering Committees. Standing committees shall be approximately 6 to 8 members, with an ACEC and ODOT co-chair. All Standing Committees will coordinate any training initiatives with ACEC/ODOT Training AD HOC group.
- Procurement and Contract Standing Committee
- Project Delivery/Management Systems Standing Committee
- Technology Transfer Standing Committee
Environmental & Planning Standing Committee
The Environmental/Planning Standing Committee was formulated in early 2010 to facilitate communication and coordination between ODOT and consultants regarding environmental services and transportation planning services.