Thank you to those who attended the April 10 project open house.
• Design – complete in summer 2014
• Right of Way Acquisition – complete in summer 2014
• Construction – Throughout 2015 (construction open house early 2015)
The OR 99W: Gaarde/McDonald intersection improvement project is being redesigned to keep the project within budget. As part of this $9.4 million project, ODOT, City of Tigard and Washington County are working to improve traffic flow and safety. The redesigned project will increase intersection capacity in order to reduce the delay currently experienced by drivers. The improvements are expected to increase capacity approximately 30 percent in the afternoon peak hour and roughly 20 percent in the morning peak hour.
What is changing?
To facilitate traffic flow and ease congestion, additional through and turn lanes are still included in the project. However, to decrease costs, additional left turn lanes from Gaarde Street and McDonald Street onto OR 99W have been eliminated. Construction is set to begin in 2015.
Key improvements on OR 99W
• Southbound – Additional through lane and dedicated right turn lane for Bull Mountain Road
• Northbound – Additional left turn lane for Gaarde Street and a right turn only lane for McDonald Street
• Median planter, retaining walls, new traffic signals, water treatment and storm water facility upgrades
Key improvements on Gaarde/McDonald
• A second through lane for both the east and west travel directions
• Crosswalk on the north side of the intersection will be reopened
• Retaining walls, sidewalks, bike lanes, light poles and storm water facility upgrades
For questions or to be added to the project mailing list, contact:
Lili Boicourt, ODOT Community Affairs