The pavement condition on Oregon Highway 213 between Mulino and OR 211 is
deteriorating and in need of repaving. In the spring and early summer of 2015, ODOT will repave two
stretches of OR 213 between Mulino and OR211 (also known as Blackman’s Corner).
The first stretch is 2.65 miles from
Mulino to Molalla Ave; the second is 1.02 miles from Vick Road to OR 211.
Repave two sections of OR 213 between Mulino, just south of the school and OR 211.
- Improve ADA ramps on the corners at the intersection of Meadow Drive, the Safeway shopping area, and at the four corners of OR 213 and OR 211.
- Replace the bridge joints on the bridge over the Molalla River and seal the bridge deck.
Here is what we expect for construction impacts:
- Paving will take place at night from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following morning.
- Work may take place during the day but not during the peak commute hours when people use OR 213 the most.
- Lane closures and flagging will not occur during the Molalla Buckaroo.
- Paving and other work may temporarily block access to businesses, however, we will make sure alternative access is available.
During construction, you should expect lane closures,
flagging and following pilot cars. With the exception of the times when lane
closures and flagging are prohibited, you should expect up to 20-minute delays. More information about how construction will
affect you will be available in early spring 2015 once a contractor is hired.
Construction on this project can begin in early spring 2015 when tempratures are appropriate for paving. Work on this project should wrap up by June 30, 2015.
Kimberly Dinwiddie, ODOT Community Affairs, Kimberly.Dinwiddie@odot.state.or.us, 503-731-8281