Paving project now complete
What are the construction impacts?
October 23, 2015: This project is now complete, so no traffic impacts are planned. Please visit the Weekly Construction Updates page for additional projects taking place around the region.
The Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) is working on a project to repave OR 99E from SW Berg Parkway in Canby to just north of 2nd Street in Aurora. The project will include bridge work, sidewalk ramp upgrades and pavement striping changes near Lone Elder Road. ODOT expects construction to start in late May 2015 (schedule is subject to change based on weather and site conditions).
Read a printer-friendly project fact sheet (01/14/15, PDF, 99KB) for more information.
project will remove the existing pavement and install new pavement throughout
the project area.
will take place at night to minimize impacts to local businesses, residents and
- Sidewalk ramps
intersections at OR 99E and Berg Parkway, Barlow Road and 1st Street (in
Aurora) will be updated to be compliant with ADA (Americans with Disabilities
- Bridge repair
bridges over the Pudding River will have joints repaired and waterproofing
material installed before being repaved to extend the life of the bridges.
- Pavement striping
have expressed concern about the safety of the roadway striping on OR 99E north
of Lone Elder Road, where it switches from three to two lanes with a middle
turn lane. To
address these concerns, the project will extend the middle turn lane 50 feet by
removing one of the two northbound travel lanes; there will not be any road
widening. This will make it safer for motorists accessing businesses and
residences in this area.
- Rumble strips will be added to the centerline and shoulder of OR 99E (where there is enough space for bicyclists, typically five feet from the white fog line) to improve safety.
Project area map
- Design plans complete: January 2015
- Construction starts: late May 2015
- Late May: Remove sidewalk ramps at the intersections of OR 99E and Berg Parkway, Barlow Road and 1st Street (in Aurora)
- June: Install the new sidewalk ramps (at locations above); remove asphalt then repave shoulders and OR 99E; remove and replace the pedestrian island at Barlow Road.
- Expect day and nighttime single lane closures in each direction where OR 99E is four lanes; where there are two lanes work will be done at night (8 p.m. to 6 a.m.) to minimize traffic impacts and flaggers will be present.
- July: Remove existing pavement, install new waterproof membrane on the bridge and repave OR 99E at the Pudding River Bridge near Aurora.
- Expect long delays near the Pudding River Bridge near Aurora.
- August: Finish construction including installing signal loops, permanent signs and pavement stripes
- Construction finished: October 2015
Please note: schedule is subject to change due to weather and site conditions.
Questions or comments?
Please contact Brandy Steffen, ODOT Community Affairs Coordinator if you have questions or comments about this project:
¿Habla ustéd español?
¿Hablas español? Podemos proporcionar la información de esta publicación en español. Para recibir información por favor llame al (503) 731-4128.
Вы говорите по-русски?
Вы говорите по-русски? Мы можем предоставить информацию в этой публикации на русском языке. Для получения информации звоните по тел (503) 731-4128.
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey
, the world's leading questionnaire tool.