|US 26 at SE Orient Drive Safety Project is finished
A contractor working for the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) completed construction on a safety improvement project on US 26 (Mt. Hood Highway) and SE Orient Drive in May 2015.
Why did ODOT do this project?
The Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) built this project to improve safety and reduce the number of crashes at the intersection of US Highway 26 (Mt. Hood Highway) and SE Orient Drive. Construction lasted from mid-February to May 2015.
The project includes:
- Lengthening the right turn lane (westbound) from US 26 to SE Orient Drive to give drivers more space to slow down and turn.
- Upgrading the traffic light to make the traffic signals easier to see.
- Updating traffic signs to make it easier for drivers to find a destination and to alert eastbound travelers of the signal ahead.
Project location map
What was the project schedule?
- Design complete: September 2014
- Construction Open House: Thanks to the people who stopped by the Historic Sandy Grange Hall on Friday, February 20, 2015 from 5 to 7 p.m. to ask questions and learn more about the project. The display boards shown at the event are available. If you couldn't make the event and have questions, please send us an email.
- Construction begins: February 23, 2015
- Construction ends: May 2015
What were the construction impacts?
Construction took place mostly during the day (7 a.m. to 3 p.m.) from Monday to Friday, with a limited amount of work taking place during at night to minimize traffic impacts on US 26 and improve traveler safety.
There was construction noise from heavy equipment and construction trucks during the day and night, with most of the loudest construction work (such as saw cutting) taking place during the day.
How can I get more information?
Please contact Brandy Steffen, ODOT Community Affairs Coordinator if you have questions or comments about this project:
¿Hablas español? Podemos proporcionar la información de esta publicación en español. Para recibir información por favor llame al (503) 731-4128.
For ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) or Civil Rights Title VI accommodations, translation/interpretation services, or more information call 503-731-4128, TTY (800) 735-2900 or Oregon Relay Service 7-1-1.