Oregon Highway 224 (Clackamas Highway)
July 4 - 11, 2015*
No work will take place between Friday, July 3 and Sunday, July 5 in observance of the public holiday.
*Schedules are subject to change due to weather and site conditions.
Oregon Highway 212/224 – Sunrise JTA Project
Project Description: The Sunrise JTA (Oregon Jobs and Transportation Act) Project will address existing congestion and safety problems in the Oregon Highway 212/224 corridor by constructing a new road from Interstate 205 to Southeast 122nd Avenue. Major project elements include:
- Constructing a new two-lane limited access highway (one lane each direction) from OR 224 (Milwaukie Expressway) at I-205 to Southeast 122nd Avenue at OR 212/224.
- Constructing a new I-205 overcrossing that will connect 82nd Drive and 82nd Avenue.
- Improving bicycle and pedestrian accommodations in the project area.
- Improving the intersection of Southeast 122nd Avenue and OR 212/224.
Traffic Impacts: Travelers should be aware of changes to travel lanes during construction.
- Single lane of the I-205 northbound off-ramp (exit 13) to OR 224 (Milwaukie Expressway) will be continuously closed for up to 18 weeks during construction of a retaining wall.
Southeast 82nd Drive
- At Southeast 82nd Drive, near the intersection of Southeast Herbert Court, the travel lanes may be shifted or reduced to one lane controlled by flaggers Monday through Friday 7a.m. to 5 a.m. while the road is paved.
Southeast Mather Road, Southeast Minuteman Way and Southeast Lawnfield Road
- At Southeast Mather Road and Southeast Bordeaux Lane expect lane closures, with flaggers directing traffic, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for installation of embankment material for the new OR 224 extension.
- At Southwest Minuteman Way expect one way traffic controlled by flaggers Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for installation water quality manholes and striping.
- Southeast Lawnfield Road is permanently closed (between the Union Pacific Railroad crossing and Southeast 82nd Drive). A new extension of Southeast Minuteman Way connects Southeast Mather Road and Southeast Lawnfield Road.
Oregon Highway 224 – Clackamas Highway Safety Project
Project Description: This project will improve visibility for travelers, as well as make road conditions safer along OR 224 at two intersections (Southeast 197th Avenue and Southeast 232nd Drive). In 2015, ODOT will focus on the intersection of Southeast 197th Avenue, realigning OR 224 to prevent crashes, removing trees and reusing them in stream restoration projects, and widening the shoulder to provide room for breakdowns and cyclists.
Traffic Impacts: Travelers
should expect periodic daytime single lane and shoulder closures, with possible
delays of 10-20 minutes as crews install temporary signs and begin to cut down
trees and clear brush Monday, July 6 through Friday, July 10 from 8 a.m. to
4:30 p.m. TriMet bus stops in the area will be temporarily relocated for the
project work. Go to TriMet.org or call
503-238-7433 to see schedule or bus stop location changes.