Once the bridge reopens, ODOT will remove the three-way stop where Willamette Falls Drive intersects with OR Highway 43.
TriMet routes #35 and #154 will continue their current routes over the I-205 Abernethy Bridge and will not be returning to the Oregon City/West Linn Bridge.
Downtown Oregon City
The City of Oregon City has made changes to traffic patterns and improvements to downtown streets and sidewalks over the past year.
One of the significant traffic changes is that even though Main Street is now two-way, no left turns will be allowed from the Bridge onto Main Street. Traffic must turn right or go straight ahead. Also, you will find that 7th Street is now two-way between Railroad Avenue and Main Street.
Here are some of the improvements you will find in downtown Oregon City on Main Street between 5th and 10th Streets. .
• New sidewalks, curbs and ramps that are ADA accessible.
• New bicycle parking, benches and street trees.
• Enhanced pedestrian crossing at 7th Street and Railroad Avenue.
• Energy efficient parking meters and lighting.
Circulation Improvements and Traffic Changes
• A new signal at the end of the bridge (7th and Main). The intersection will allow left and right turns and straight through with the exception of no left turns off the Arch Bridge onto Main Street.
• Two-way traffic on Main Street from 5th to 10th. The blocks of Main Street that changed from one-way to two-way were between 6th and 9th Streets. .
• 7th Street changed from one-way to two-way.
• Railroad Avenue between Sixth and Seventh changed from one-way to two-way traffic.
• The direction of one-way traffic on Sixth Street reversed between Railroad Avenue and Main Street.