The Sunrise JTA Project is a phase of the much larger Sunrise Corridor Preferred Alternative
that will address existing congestion and safety problems in the Oregon 212/224 corridor by constructing a new road from I-205 to 122nd Avenue. Major project elements include:
- Constructing a new two-lane limited access highway (one lane each direction) from the Milwaukie Expressway (OR 224) at I-205 to SE 122nd Avenue at OR 212/224.
- Constructing a new I-205 overcrossing that will connect 82nd Drive and 82nd Avenue.
- Improving bicycle and pedestrian accommodations in the project area.
- Improving the intersection of SE 122nd Avenue and OR 212/224.
- Improving intersections in the project area, including traffic signals, signing, striping, drainage and water quality.
Construction of the Sunrise JTA Project is expected to be completed by summer 2016.
For the most current information about the Sunrise JTA Project, click on the links below.
Sunrise Newsletter March 2015
Note: The closure of the segment of Lawnfield Road occured on April 15
Construction Impacts for Motorists
Bicycle & pedestrian improvements
Sunrise Fact Sheet Summer 2013
Frequently Asked Questions
General background information and current status of the project. More
Maps, design drawings, and other project documents. More
Information on other projects in the Sunrise Corridor area, including the Lawnfield Connection Project and Industrial Way Extension. More
Find the right person to contact. Subscribe to our e-mail list. More
To view the map full size, click on the image.