I-205 Paving & Cable Barrier
Traffic Impacts for the week of Thursday, Sept. 6 to Saturday, Sept 8:
From 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., Thursday-Saturday, the contractor will close the right lane and the merge/auxiliary lanes on I-205 northbound for paving. They will also close the I-205 northbound on-and off-ramps at Sunnybrook for paving starting at 10 p.m. on these nights. Up to three of the following ramps will close at the same time intermittently through the night.
To view the weekly construction update click here.
|The I-205 Paving & Cable Barrier project consists of two main elements: |
- Re-paving I-205 from 82nd Drive to SE Johnson Creek Boulevard
- Installing cable barrier in the I-205 center median between SE Foster Road and SE Otty Road
The pavement on I-205 between 82nd Drive and Johnson Creek Boulevard is deteriorating with extensive rutting and wear, which poses potential safety hazards. ODOT will grind, pave and re-stripe this section to restore the pavement condition.
There are four sections of I-205 with an open center median that pose the risk of crossover crashes. These locations are:
- Between SE Foster Road and the Springwater Trail
- Between the Springwater Trail and SE Flavel Street
- Between SE Flavel Street and SE 92nd Avenue
- Between SE 92nd Avenue and SE Otty Road
ODOT will install cable median barrier in these sections to close the gaps and prevent crossover crashes. To make room for the barrier, ODOT must remove rose bushes, shrubs and approximately six to ten juniper trees from the center median.
|Click on the map to download a larger image. |
|Traffic Impacts and Detours|
|Paving is scheduled to begin Monday, Aug. 27 starting in the left northbound lanes and will continue through mid-September. Construction is estimated to wrap up by October 2012. |
Traffic volumes on I-205 are too high for lane closures during the day. Any work requiring lane closures will take place at night.
- The paving portion of the project between Johnson Creek Boulevard and 82nd Drive will take place during nighttime hours, generally 8 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Motorists will encounter lane closures during this work and should expect short delays.
- The contractor will close two-lanes in one direction during the paving. The first lane will close at 9 p.m. and the second lane will close at 10 p.m.
- Paving also requires nighttime on- and off-ramp closures. Up to three ramps may close at one time. Detour signs during the ramp closures will clearly be marked.
- The installation of cable barrier between Foster Road and Otty Road will most likely take place during the day. This work will take place in the center median and will require left shoulder closures, but will not require travel lane closures.
I205 Northbound Ramp Closures.pdf
I205 Southbound Ramp Closures.pdf
For more information, please contact:
ODOT Community Affairs Coordinator