TV Highway Paving and Utility Project: Minter Bridge Road to 331st Avenue (Hillsboro)
||In June 2013, an ODOT and City of Hillsboro paving and utility project began on TV Highway between Minter Bridge Road and 331st Avenue. Work will continue through 2015 with traffic impacts on TV Highway days and nights.
Latest News (July 2, 2015)
Read the weekly construction news for traffic impact information, updated every Friday.
The contractor completed the reconstruction and paving on Baseline Street from 1st Avenue to Adams Avenue this week.
No work will take place from noon Thursday, July 2, until Monday, July 6, due to the Fourth of July holiday.
See below for next week's schedule:
- There will be intermittent daytime and nighttime work with a single-lane closure from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 5:30 a.m., Monday through Friday on Baseline and Oak Streets (from Dennis Avenue to 10th Avenue) and on 10th Avenue.
- The contractor will be doing manhole adjustments, replacing traffic loop detectors/sensors on 10th Avenue, and begin the final striping on all of Oak Street, Baseline Street and 10th Avenue (where paving has been completed), which will continue for several weeks.
- No paving is scheduled next week.
- TriMet service on Baseline Street will be intermittently affected during this work. Temporary bus stop closures will be communicated on www.trimet.org and at the bus stops.
- Driveways into and out of businesses and residences on Baseline Street will have access during the lane closures. There may be delays getting into/out of driveways if the contractor is actively working in front of the driveway. The contractor will be placing “business open” signs at the driveway entrances so customers know to still patronize businesses. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns/trouble with accessing your business or residence during this work
The remaining work listed below will take place now through fall 2015, with intermittent daytime and nighttime lane closures:
- Reconstructing and paving 1st Avenue from Baseline Street to Walnut Street
- Replacing dozens of sidewalk ramps and a few driveways (beginning as early as next week)
- Replacing signs
- Manhole adjustments and cleanup work
We ask for your patience and understanding as we work to improve the highway. This is the final stretch of work on TV Highway. The contractor and ODOT are working hard to minimize disruption as much as possible, but many impacts are unavoidable. There is increased traffic enforcement in the area. Please drive cautiously and follow construction signage.
ODOT, in partnership with the City of Hillsboro, began construction in June 2013 on a $14 million paving and utility project on TV Highway (OR 8) from Minter Bridge Road to SW 331st Avenue. This stretch includes 10th Avenue, Baseline Street and Oak Street through downtown Hillsboro. Work includes:
•Grinding, reconstructing, paving and restriping TV Highway from Minter Bridge Road to SW 331st Avenue [paving from Minter Bridge Road to Maple Street and from Dennis Avenue to 331st Avenue was complete in 2013]
•Significantly upgrading the City’s water and stormwater systems. Portions of the City’s water and storm pipes will be entirely replaced in downtown Hillsboro [water work is complete as of June 2014; the majority of the stormwater replacement is complete with the remaining amount to be completed in 2015]
•Improving more than 100 ADA ramps (accessible curb ramps), primarily in downtown Hillsboro
•Repairing and paving the Dairy Creek Bridge (complete)
TV Highway in this section is in poor condition and in need of repair and reconstruction. In addition, the City of Hillsboro is including major utility upgrades on TV Highway as part of the project. The City’s water mains buried under Oak Street and Baseline Street are at least 60 years old and predominately steel pipe. The joints between the steel pipes are aging and causing leaks. Approximately two miles of new waterlines will be installed on this project as part of the annual pipeline replacement program. The new mains and meters will ensure quality water service to hundreds of commercial, industrial and residential customers along TV Highway.
By making all the improvements in one cohesive project, ODOT and the City of Hillsboro will save tax dollars and increase efficiency.
|Traffic Impacts and Schedule|Road users on TV Highway will encounter significant construction during the day and night from June 2013 to fall 2015.
There will be delays and detours in place throughout construction, especially in downtown Hillsboro. Read the weekly construction news
for the latest traffic impacts, updated every Friday. The following traffic impacts are planned:
Lane closures may occur on TV Highway during the day or night, 7 days a week
There will be intermittent intersection closures along Oak and Baseline streets
There will be unavoidable temporary business and resident driveway closures, which will be communicated individually to businesses and residents during construction
Access to the main entrance and emergency room of Tuality Hospital will remain open at all times. There may be short detours, but temporary signage will direct motorists to the hospital.
TriMet service on TV Highway will be intermittently affected during lane and intersection closures. Any TriMet detours will be communicated on www.trimet.org
and at the bus stops.
There will be intermittent on-street parking restrictions on Oak Street and Walnut Street throughout construction
During double-lane and intersection closures, large trucks will be detoured from Baseline Street to Walnut Street. On-street parking on Walnut Street may be limited in some sections to allow for wider trucks. To minimize truck noise on Walnut Street, flaggers will be used to move trucks through intersections without stopping.
This will be a disruptive project on TV Highway. Considerable effort is being made to maintain business and resident access and minimize traffic impacts. Thank you in advance for your patience and please travel slowly and carefully through the construction.
Due to high traffic volumes on TV Highway, most of the lane closures and construction activity will occur at night. The contractor will be required to turn off truck backup alarms during nighttime work after 10 p.m. Flaggers will be used to move trucks through sensitive intersections without stopping, which will help reduce noise. A 24-hour noise hotline is available to be called at all hours should a noise concern arise. That number is 503-412-2356. ODOT staff will be available to answer immediate noise concerns during nighttime work by calling the noise hotline.
|Stay Current with the Project|
*Continue visiting this website. The project website will have current information, including detailed traffic impacts in a weekly construction update
posted every Friday.
* Call the noise hotline (24-hour number to be called for noise concerns): 503-412-2356.
* For more information, to be added to the project email list, or to request a meeting, please contact:
Lili Boicourt, ODOT Community Affairs
PH: 503-731-8247; Email: Lili.D.Boicourt@odot.state.or.us