This project is one of many that are improving the vertical clearance of overpasses on Interstate 5 to accommodate the need and modern standards of the freight industry.
The vertical clearance of 16'10" will be achieved by lowering I-5 at the US 20 (Santiam Hwy.) overpass. This project addresses the vertial clearance of the southbound lanes of I-5, only. A previous project lowered the northbound lanes.
NEW!! I-5 Southbound Ramp Closure Scheduled
Intermittent, nighttime closures of the southbound I-5 off-ramp (Exit 233) to US 20 at Albany are scheduled between April 8 and May 1, 2013.
The closures could occur Monday through Thursday nights between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. There will be no ramp closures on Friday, Saturday or Sunday nights.
When Exit 233 is closed, traffic should take Exit 234B to OR 99E (Pacific Blvd.), then to Airport Road, then to US 20
This project will take one construction season to complete. Construction is expected to begin in March, 2013 and be completed by July.
This project will:
- Lower southbound I-5 travel lanes and shoulders by a minimum of 4-inches
- Improve pavement condition of the southbound I-5 off-ramp to Santiam Hwy.
- Replace roadside safety hardware
- Add water quality swale to treat storm water runoff within the interchange area
Project Information Paper
Motorists should anticipate the following traffic impacts:
- Nighttime lane closures on I-5
- Nighttime closures of southbound I-5 off-ramp to Santiam Hwy.
- NOTE-Nighttime closures will avoid days prior to major holidays or significant events
To sign up for email updates on this and other projects, click here.
· Rick Little, Public Information Officer, 541-726-2442.