Region 2: About Us
Sonny Chickering, Region 2 Manager
Region 2 is part of the ODOT’s Highway Division
. The region comprises Clatsop, Tillamook, Columbia, western Washington, southwestern Clackamas, Lincoln, Yamhill, Polk, Marion, Benton, Linn and Lane Counties. Our organization is designed to efficiently carry out ODOT’s mission
. We welcome you to review public notices
, learn about projects
, check traffic
|Facts and Figures|
|ODOT Region 2 has: |
- More than 13,000 square miles and a population of more than 1 million Oregonians.
- Serving one third of Oregon's population.
- Five of Oregon's ten largest population centers.
- 25% of the State's total highways miles
- 5,100 lane miles of state highways, with 868 bridges, including five movable bridges, and four tunnels.
- 6,482,556,780 annual vehicle miles traveled region-wide.
- 17,711,904 daily vehicle miles traveled region-wide.
- Four maintenance districts.
- 860 miles of railroads and seven deep-water ports.
- Two major Cascade mountain passes (Santiam and Willamette).
- 31 Legislative Districts.
- 99 local government partners (cities, counties, MPOs, COGs and PACTs, more than any other ODOT region).
- Four Area Commissions on Transportation.
- Three Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), two of which are Transportation Management Areas (TMAs) because their populations are greater than 200,000. Corvallis/Philomath (MPO), Salem/Keizer (TMA) and Eugene/Springfield (TMA).
- 28 STA/UBA 20 in process, and other route designations.
|Contact Us |