US 20 PME: UPRR - Eddyville (Phase 3) MP 16.29 – MP 21.88
Project Summary: The project will accomplish the following:
- 2-3 million cubic yards of earthwork
- Landslide mitigation including placement of more than 400 ground anchors
- Construction of 70,000 feet of horizontal drains
- Erosion control
Remarks: Construction of Phase 3 continues with, earthwork, drainage, and erosion control. All blasting work has been completed. Rock trucks will continue hauling to both ends of the project site. Expect intermittent daytime flagging near milepost 16.5, and watch for trucks entering and exiting the highway near milepost 24. The current schedule is for work to take place 7-days a week, 10-12 hours per day. The majority of the work is taking place well away from the current US 20 highway.
US101: S.E. 23rd DR. – S.W. 35th ST. (Lincoln City), (U.S. 101, MP115.9 – MP116.8)
Project Summary: The project will widen US 101 with a lane in each direction and a center turn lane. It will create wider shoulders, new curb and sidewalk, a new pedestrian crossing, a new signal at 32nd St., retaining walls and landscaping.
Remarks: No lanes on US 101 will be closed during the day, but flaggers may be stopping traffic for short periods to let trucks and equipment on and off the road. (Steven Schultz, 541-757-4158)
OR 34/US 20: South Bypass to Riverside Drive (3rd Street, Van Buren Street, OR 34, and OR 34/US20-Corvallis) Contract amount: $3.38 million
Project: This project addresses congestion in East Corvallis and the South Bypass intersection with OR 34. This project will:
- Partially rebuild and repave 3rd Street, between Jackson and Harrison
- Add a dedicated right turn lane from 3rd Street to Van Buren Street and a dedicated bicycle lane between Jackson and Harrison
- Add dual right turn lanes from northbound South Bypass to eastbound OR 34
- Extend the existing multi-use path on the north side of OR 34 to the west and the east.
Remarks: Intermittent electrical work along the road of both the South Bypass intersection and third street traffic signal. The contractor continues working on the multi-use path. Work continues on the retaining wall area east of the bridge and will continue for the next few weeks. The contractor will pour the concrete deck this Friday for the bridge along the multi-use path. This will require a couple of weeks to cure before it can be opened to the public.
Region 2 Culverts (U.S. 101 (Oregon Coast Highway) MP 39.66, MP 121.35, MP 189, OR 34 (Alsea Highway) MP 51.26) Contract amount: $2.841 million
Project: This project will rehabilitate or replace culverts and/or storm drains at four locations in Tillamook, Lane, Lincoln and Benton counties.
- U.S. 101 Tillamook County—Rehabilitate culvert, MP 39.66.
Work is complete.
- U.S. 101 Lincoln County—Replace culvert, MP 121.35.
Work is complete.
- U.S. 101 Lane County (Florence) — Rehabilitate storm drain, MP 189. Project will replace storm drain in Quince Street north of 10th and in the northbound lanes of US101 from 12th to 28th.
- Expect work on Quince Street and US101 from 12th to 28th.
- OR 34 Benton County—Replace culvert, MP 51.26.
· The work is complete.