August 19-26, 2016
US 20 PME: UPRR –
Eddyville (Phase 4) (U.S. 20 MP 15.78 – MP 31.48)
- Construction of landslide mitigation and
- Over 350,000 cubic yards of earthwork
- Construction of roadbed, aggregate base and asphalt
- Installation of drainage, guard rail, striping, and
- Installation of a wildlife crossing culvert under
the new roadbed
- Erosion control
- Re-routing public traffic onto the new alignment
Remarks: 10-hour full highway closures will continue Sunday
through Thursday nights from 7:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Currently no closures
scheduled on Friday and Saturday nights. Construction of Phase 4 continues with
drainage, blasting and excavation work near the west end of the project at
approximately MP 16. Expect increased truck traffic on the existing U.S. 20 due
to material hauling and deliveries on both the east and west ends of the
project. Night paving work on the interior of the project will continue. Paving
work is being done on the new alignment and should not cause any delays to
traffic on the existing U.S. 20 alignment until September or early October.
Guardrail replacement work continues on the interior of the project. All other
work is taking place away from the existing U.S. 20 alignment.
Steven Schultz (541)
Devils Lake RD (U.S.101 MP111.0 – MP111.6)
- Add a left turn lane on U.S. 101 at NE East Devils
- Create wider shoulders and improve sight distance in
an effort the reduce crashes.
Remarks: All work
is now complete except for minor repairs, planting, and seeding. No delays
anticipated until seeding and planting takes place in September.
US 20: Sheep
Creek Bridge Repair (Phase 2) (U.S. 20 MP 56.46 – MP 56.81)
- Repair the bridge that has been damaged by a
landslide that has been pushing against it.
- The highway is closed for approximately eight weeks,
starting August 2.
highway is closed to all traffic through the end of September. Bridge
construction and roadway excavation continue. Closure point is approximately 11
miles west of the US20/OR126 intersection and 26 miles east of Sweet Home.
There is no local detour. Use the alternate routes of OR22 or OR126. Watch for
flaggers and increased truck traffic in the area. All campgrounds in the area
Steven Schultz (541) 757-4158
at Seven Mile Lane (OR 34 MP10.5 – 11.1)
- Construct a new signal at the OR 34 and Seven Mile
Remarks: Expect to see workers in the area. Beginning in September, lane
closures should be expected throughout the day Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to
3 p.m. The project is scheduled to be completed in November.
Daineal Malone (541)
OR 34 Alsea to
Waldport (MP 27 – MP 46)
- Apply chip seal, fog seal, and sweep
Travelers should expect delays in the area. Work will be done between 9 a.m.
and 7 p.m.
Brian Morey, (541)