Construction Cost:$1.6 million$1.6 million
The project will:
• Add a second northbound lane at the end of the off ramp road.
• This ramp work will mean a full ramp closure from May 18 until noon May 22, Mon. thru Friday, with local traffic directed to detour.
• Add a new signal on Merlin Rd. at the end of the northbound off ramp as well as at Highland Drive.
• Modify the existing signal at Merlin Rd. and Monument Drive.
• Construct a westbound receiving lane on Merlin Road, and a right turn lane onto Monument Drive.
Project News Release & Graphic
Construction begins at Merlin I-5 interchange.pdf
I-5_Exit-61_Northbound_off Ramp-LOCAL_Merlin Detour map.pdf
• 2013 - 2014: Survey, Design, Purchase Right of Way
• February 2015: Bid Let
• April-October 2015: Construction
Project Fast Facts:
• Location: Interstate 5 Exit 61 Merlin Interchange • Overall budget: $3 million • Construction timeline: 2015 • Prime Contractor: JRT of Oakland, OR
For more information: