Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (STIP)
The Statewide Transportation Improvement Program, known as the STIP,
is Oregon’s four-year transportation capital improvement program. It
is the document that identifies the funding for, and scheduling of,
transportation projects and programs. It includes projects on the
federal, state, city, and county transportation systems, multimodal
projects (highway, passenger rail, freight, public transit, bicycle and
pedestrian), and projects in the National Parks, National Forests, and
Indian tribal lands.
Douglas, Coos & Curry Counties
Jackson & Josephine Counties
The following are Rogue Valley projects for the 2015-STIP:
• (1) US 199: 6th St. Caveman Bridge Rehab (Grants Pass),
Redwood Highway, milepost - -0.14 (Josephine) – Rail; Seismic; Deck
Overlay; Joints; Bearings; Concrete Repairs. Estimated cost: $4.7
Preservation and Interstate Maintenance:
• (2) US 199: Slate Creek-Cave Junction paving, milepost 14.2-27.57
(Josephine) – Project will grind and inlay new pavement as well as add
rumble strip on Redwood Highway. Estimated cost: $6.3 million.
• (3) I-5: N. Ashland-S. Medford Paving, milepost 19.09-26.73 (Jackson) – Grinds 2 inches of open graded mix and replaces with 2 inches dense grade mix. Estimated cost: $7.3 million.
• (4) I-5: California State Line-Ashland Paving, milepost 0.0 to 11.45 (Jackson) – Grind/inlay project will resurface road surface. Estimated cost: $13.6 million.
• (5) I-5 Evans Creek-N. Grants Pass Paving, milepost 49.07-58.18
(Jackson-Josephine) – Grinds 2 inches of open graded mix and replaces
with 2 inches dense grade mix. Estimated cost: $8.05 million.
Operations and Safety:
• (6) OR 99: Laurel Street Signal Upgrade (Ashland), milepost 18.87-18.91 (Jackson) – Upgrade traffic signal. Estimated cost: $620,000.
• (7) Rogue Valley VMS Replacement Project (Jackson) –
Project updates and replaces the permanent Variable Message Boards on
I-5/Mountain Ave., I-5/Table Rock Road and on U.S. 199 west of Grants
Pass. Estimated cost: $700,000.
• (8) OR 66: Harley Landslide Repair, milepost 11.08-12
(Jackson) – Repairs chronic slide area with Shear Key Buttress, switch
catch basin at the centerline of road and rebuild road section.
Estimated cost: $718,000.
• (9) OR 99: Ashland-Talent Lane Realignment, (Jackson) – Continue lane reconfiguration between Ashland and Talent. Estimated cost: $250,000
• (10) I-5: Exit 58 - 6th and Morgan Intersection Realignment, milepost 58
(Josephine) – Project will reconfigure intersection as well as
reconfigure and lengthen southbound off ramp. Estimated cost: $4.05
• (11) OR 99: Twin Creeks Rail crossing (Central Point)
, (Jackson) – New multi modal access route into the Twin Creeks Transit Oriented Development from OR 99.
Estimated cost: $3,970 million. click here for more info• (12) FFO-Lozier lane Improvements (Medford),
(Jackson) – Design, acquire ROW and construct urban roadway to
include adding center lane, bike lanes, sidewalks and lighting.
Estimate cost: $7.5 million. click here for more info
• (13) RVTD passenger Fare Collection, (Jackson) – Upgrade RVTD passenger Fare Collection boxes.
Estimate cost: $1.386 million. click here for more info
• (14) ORb140: Exit 35 to Blackwell Road, (Jackson)-Add center turn lane, widen shoulders, add bike path.
Estimated cost: $5.77 million. click here for more info
• (15) Linn Road: OR 62 to Buchanan (Eagle Point), (Jackson)-Widen road, add bike and ped facilities with illumination.
Estimated cost: $2.098 million. click here for more info
• (16) Table Rock Road: I-5 to Biddle Road (Jackson) - Widen the roadway, add bike lanes, sidewalks and storm water system.
Estimated cost: $4.018 million. click here for more info
• (17) I-5: Medford Viaduct Environmental Study (Jackson)
- Begin the process of examining the next generation corridor/bridge
of Interstate 5, including local street enhancements.
$4 million. click here for more info