|Right of Way Section|
The Right of Way Section is part of the Highway Division, Technical Services Branch, of the Oregon Department of Transportation.
The Section provides expertise in real estate and other right of way matters to the Department. In cooperation with the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), the Right of Way Section implements Public Law 91-646, the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies of 1970, as amended.
- The Right of Way Section is responsible for the appraisal, acquisition, and management of property acquired for public projects.
- The Right of Way Section assists people and businesses in relocating from the acquired rights of way.
- The State Right of Way Manager is responsible for administering, directing and supervising the various programs that reside in the Right of Way Section. The State Right of Way Manager represents the Department in matters relating to right of way by appearing before legislative committees, various boards and commissions, as well as other State agencies.
The Right of Way Section includes the following units:
|The Operations Unit directs programs for the Right of Way Section essential to project delivery and carrying out the goals and objectives of the Oregon Department of Transportation. The program areas include: |
- Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) program
- Condemnation Case Liaison in collaboration with the Oregon Department of Justice
- Right of Way Data Management Systems project
Click here for more information on the Operations Unit.
|Program Management Unit|
|The Program Management Unit is responsible for three major programs that are essential to carrying out the goals and objectives of the Oregon Department of Transportation. These program areas are responsible for the generation of $10 million each biennium in property management revenues, and insure that over $30 million annually in federal funds continue to be received by the Oregon Department of Transportation due to an effective Outdoor Advertising Sign Program as determined by the Federal Highway Administration. The program areas include: |
- Property Management
- Outdoor Advertising Sign Program
- Access Research
Click here for more information on the Program Management Unit.
|Program Support Unit|
|The Program Support Unit provides essential support to the Section. The program areas are: |
- Federal Land Acquisitions
- Jurisdictional Transfers
- Condemnation processing
- Title and Escrow services
- Database systems
- Administrative and business support for file maintenance, project support and general office support.
Click here for more information on the Program Support Unit.
|The Project Administration Unit includes major statewide programs for the Right of Way Section, essential to project delivery and carrying out the goals and objectives of the Oregon Department of Transportation. The programs include project authorization and coordination, agreements, performance measurements and quality assurance, and contract administration and payments. |
The program areas are:
- Appraisal Review
- Utility Relocation
- Railroad Acquistion/Relocation
- Project Authorization
- Quality Assurance
- Local Public Agency
Click here for more information on the Project Administration Unit.