The Traffic Signal Services Unit's responsibilities:
- Provide expertise in traffic signal testing, turn-on, inspection, and maintenance.
- Set minimum standards for traffic signal equipment on State Highway System.
- Perform maintenance of Road and Weather Information Systems (RWIS), and variable message signs (VMS)
- Maintain an updated inventory of all traffic signal control and ITS equipment.
- Keep records of inspections for existing devices.
- Perform environmental testing of all traffic signal equipment used within State of Oregon.
- Repair and test all state maintained control equipment modules.