Oregon Public Transit Information System
Public Transit Division's (PTD) web-based grant management software, the Oregon Public Transit Information System (OPTIS), automates and standardizes interaction between PTD and transit agencies. By simply logging into OPTIS, transit providers with grants administered through PTD can access current information such as payment history, grant balances, and active agreements. Validated users are given system privileges enabling them to electronically submit reimbursement requests, enter reporting data, and track grant activities.
See below for more information and helpful resources.
Since March 2012, we are pleased to be able to provide you with an online training opportunity where you’ll learn how to enter periodic reports, request grant reimbursement, track your PTD-funded projects, and more. We created a video of a recent two-day OPTIS training and broke it out into about 15 to 30 minute segments that you can watch at your own pace.
Online OPTIS Training
Frequently Asked Questions
If you don't find the help you're looking for, please call Ivan Presnyy at 503-986-4004 or email OPTIS Questions/Suggestions.
Resources and Quick Links
OPTIS - The ODOT Portal contains our direct to OPTIS production and training sites.
OPTIS UPGRADES FOR EXTERNAL USERS - October, 2012
APR (Agency Periodic Report) changes:
- On the main APR page, a file folder icon will appear if attachments are present on the APR. You can click on that icon to open the attachments.
- In the Actions menu (see left hand gray navigation bar of the APR), "Previous Quarter Report" and "Next Quarter Report" navigation options allow you to view APRs in other quarters without having to go back to the OPTIS search screen.
- There are now two levels of completion on an APR in OPTIS: "Prepared" and "Authorized".
- The first person to use the "Complete Step" command is called the Preparer. When the Preparer completes the step, s/he will select an Authorized Representative in a drop-down list, then submit. The status in the left hand gray navigation bar will then change from "Prepared" to "Authorized" and the Preparer's name will automatically populate the Prepared By area on the printed APR.
- The second person to use "Complete Step" command is called the Authorized Representative. When the Authorized Representative completes the step, s/he will enter an eResponse keyword (because s/he is electronically "signing" the document.) The status in the left hand gray navigation bar will then change from " Authorized " to "Workflow Completed" and the Authorized Representative's name will automatically populate the Authorized By area on the printed APR.
- Therefore, If you are both the Preparer and the Authorized Representative, you will use the "Complete Step" command twice, once as Preparer (selecting your own name in the drop-down list) and once as Authorized Representative. (As you know, the APR must be complete before you can complete any reimbursement requests pertaining to that period.)
- The APR itself is complete when (1) the icon in the OPTIS search screen becomes an open book, and (2) the status in the left hand gray navigation bar of the APR says "Workflow Completed". In addition, the Work Flow History (available via the "View Data" menu in the left hand gray navigation bar of the APR) will show the user(s) that completed the "Prepared" and "Authorized" steps.
Changes to specific steps of the APR Wizard:
- The Document Date field is automatically populated with the date you created the APR in OPTIS.
- Grant Information section:
- You can navigate directly to the agreement and the payment history using links available under "ODOT Agreement #" and "Value of Grant".
- Odometer readings are required annually (every 4th and 8th quarter) rather than every quarter. (Other times it is voluntary.)
- OPTIS displays your assets in ascending order of OPTIS asset number in the APR Wizard and on the main APR page and the asset number is displayed in both locations.
- OPTIS allows you to save odometer reading values that pass validation and rejects only the ones that fail the integrity check.
- The “Out-of-Service” feature is now a checkbox rather than a "condition". When selected, extended fields appear to allow you to further describe what is happening with the vehicle asset.
- You can enter your agency asset/inventory numbers in the "Agency #" field in the Asset Register in OPTIS. The Agency Number displays in the APR Wizard and on the main APR page. We also added an option to import asset data into your APRs using MS Excel. (Ask if you want to know more about these features.)
OPTIS UPGRADES FOR EXTERNAL USERS - July, 2012
The OPTIS User Guide will be updated soon to reflect these upgrades and give external users detailed instructions on how to use them.
- As a convenience to providers, authenticated external users may now enter non-PTD-funded assets into OPTIS (“Add Asset”). These assets will be kept separate from PTD-funded assets and will not be managed or tracked by PTD. (Note: in order for the “Add Asset” button to appear, you must first perform an asset search to ensure it does not already exist in the system.)
- External users may enter, view, delete, modify, and complete non-PTD assets without needing PTD approval. Non-PTD assets will not display on agency periodic report asset screen.
- An "Agency #" field has been added to all types of assets, enabling external users to identify assets using their own agency's numbering convention (up to 10 digits). (A unique, system-assigned number will still be generated.)
- "Agency #" has been added as a search option at the "Find Asset" screen. Filtering option now includes "PTD", "Non-PTD", and "All"
External User Reports:
- View or Generate Reports in Excel or PDF
- Available Reports:
- Provider Payment Statement (Reimbursement amounts w/ invoice and check dates)
- Provider Sub-Grant Statement (Agreements w/ dates, statuses, and balances)
- Provider Vehicle Statement (Vehicles w/ VIN #, plate #, agency #, year, mileage, etc. )
Create Reimbursement Request:
- This option now may be accessed from a sub-grant agreement
- "Find Overviews (Masters)" is now a "Search By" option
- Sort order now defaults to show most recent first
- Default search option is now "Find by Document Number"
- Default search status is now "All"
- Overview now provides for filtering by "Provider", "Central File Number", or "Full View"
- Payment Requests are now always displayed as live links to the documents
- Older documents are archived (collapsed) but can still be viewed via a view button
My Profile / User Information / Preferences now includes the following options:
- Leave document open upon completion? (Yes/No)
- Show document completed message? (Yes/No)
- Search default can be changed from "Find by Document Number" to something else
- Document sort order can be changed back to oldest first
Primary User Privileges:
- Primary User may now forward documents created by someone else in his/her agency to self for review and/or completion (Action – Forward)
- Primary User may now change his/her phone number and email address (My Profile / User Information)
- OPTIS was moved to an ODOT-only server on June 9, 2011. The system is now faster and more secure. Be sure to change any shortcuts you may have created so they point to the new application launch site.
Agency Periodic Report:
- User will be able to save incomplete screens to finish at a later date.
- Workflow will be improved to allow tracking of "prepared by", "authorized by", and "submitted by" steps.
- Workflow steps and persons will display on final pdf report.
- A new feature will be added to allow vehicle spreadsheets to be uploaded in bulk, eliminating the need to enter vehicle data manually into OPTIS fields.
- Reporting rules will be changed to only require an update for vehicle information annually, instead of every quarter.
Questions or Suggestions
If you have questions and want to talk to a live person, call Ivan Presnyy at 503-986-4004 or email OPTIS Questions or Suggestions.
Have an idea of how OPTIS can be improved? Want to complain? Want to give us some positive feedback?
Email: OPTIS Questions/Suggestions