ODOT Climate Change Executive Group
The Climate Change Executive Group is comprised of senior executive staff, the purpose of which is to provide overall direction within ODOT regarding the interrelationship of greenhouse gas production, global climate change, and the planning and operation of Oregon’s transportation systems. This group provides a forum for discussion as to the work and activities of other internal committees and the impacts it has on the agency and their responsibilities as will as oversight to the ODOT Climate Change Technical Advisory Committee.
ODOT Climate Change Adaptation Work Group
The Climate Change Adaptation Work Group (TAC) purpose is to develop an understanding of the implications of climate change initiatives to the agency and its work. This group also provides credible technical advice regarding the interrelationship of greenhouse gas production, climate change, and the planning and operation of Oregon’s transportation systems, as well as the potential impacts of climate change on transportation infrastructure.
The overall goals of the Climate Change Adaptation Work Group are:
- Communication – develop a communication plan, tools, and a consistent message for ODOT regarding climate change.
- Research and Data Gaps – identify research needs and data gaps, provide recommendations to management on research needed.
- Policy Development and Feedback – provide technical support as needed to Executive Staff for policy development; provide feedback on proposed laws and regulations regarding climate change.
- Develop Agency Guidance as Needed – provide technical expertise to ODOT or to particular sections or divisions of ODOT in developing guidance, procedures, or training manuals.
- Information Exchange – a forum in which ODOT staff from diverse backgrounds share ideas and information on various climate change initiatives. The CC TAC meetings are a place to brainstorm, explore new concepts and discuss challenges.