The Transportation Development Division is responsible for the planning activities in the 2011-13 Biennial State Planning and Research (SPR) Work Program. Federal and State funds allow the Department to carry out its planning responsibilities. Federal rules on SPR require an annual approval of the program.
SPR funds are not grant funds nor are they allocated directly to local governments. Instead, ODOT is responsible for selecting projects under this program as well as managing the work performed and funds expended.
The Transportation Program Development’s (TPD) responsibilities include:
- Providing policy and technical direction;
- Providing data and information for comprehensive decision-making; and
- Conduct project development activities;
This is accomplished through the following areas within TPD:
- Statewide and Regional Studies;
- Technical Assistance and Coordination;
- Analysis and Research;
- Legislative mandates;
- Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) Development; and
SPR funds are broken down into two parts. Part I is for planning activities and Part II is for Research, Development and Technology transfer activities.
Fiscal 2011-2013 Biennial Work Program - State Planning and Research