Together Senate Bill 1024 (2010) and Senate Bill 264 (June 2011) suggest revisions to the Oregon's management of access on state highways. This legislation prompts revision of the Access Management Administrative Rules as well as the Oregon Highway Plan (OHP).
- Procedure requirements for approach permit applications
- Access management standards (spacing, etc.)
- Dispute resolution and appeals processes
- Mitigation measures and use of medians
- State highway classification review
- Interjurisdictional transfers
ODOT planning staff has completed revisions to the OHP policies and actions to address the suggested access management revisions from legislation, in particular Senate Bill 264.
OHP Access Management Revisions - Adopted
At the March 21, 2012 meeting, the Oregon Transportation Commission adopted the Oregon Highway Plan access management revisions as well as the other staff report items listed below.
Oregon Highway Plan access management revisions adopted by the OTC on March 21, 2012
Complete OTC agenda packet for the OHP access management revisions
OTC individual agenda items:
Public Review: Public Comment Period Now Closed
The public comment period is now closed for the Oregon Highway Plan revisions to address Senate Bill 264. The public review drafts are provided below.
ODOT staff has completed public outreach for the OHP draft revisions to interested stakeholder groups and agencies throughout Oregon in October-February. A public hearing was held at the February 15 OTC meeting. Staff will address public comments and make final policy revisions to present to the OTC in March 2012.
- Public comment period opens: October 6, 2011
- Public hearing (OTC): February 15, 2012 (Salem)
- Public comment period closes: February 15, 2012
- OTC action on revised policies: March 21, 2012 (Salem)
For interested parties who may need to review this information in alternative formats (e.g. non-English language, visual disability or other need) please contact ODOT staff for assistance.
Planning Unit, Principal Planner
Planning Unit Manager