The Oregon Modeling Steering Committee (OMSC) was formed in 1996 to provide direction and oversight to the Oregon Modeling Improvement Program (OMIP).
It is the mission of the Oregon Modeling Steering Committee to:
- Improve the state-of-the-practice and promote state-of-the-art land use and transportation modeling in the state of Oregon.
- Serve as a consensus forum and support group to coordinate the land use-transportation modeling efforts of federal, state, regional and local agencies.
Goals and Objectives
Goal 1: Support to Decision-makers - Provide technical information and analyses to support informed decision-making.
Goal 2: Communication and Coordination - Provide a forum for exchange of ideas and to encourage use of and share current and future technology.
Goal 3: Technical Excellence - Support research, development and application of models at the local, regional and statewide level, to improve and expand capabilities, integration and use of transportation models statewide.
Goal 4: Education and Training - Proactively promote and educate modelers on the capabilities of transportation modeling as an analytical tool to support decision-making, through coursework, training, symposiums and case studies. Inform policy-makers of analysis as an objective technical support for decision-making.
Goal 5: Peer Coordination and Support - Serve as technical and professional support group to members, agencies, local governments, consultants and others to further transportation modeling knowledge and expertise and to maximize resources.
Membership includes a technical and a policy representative of member agencies responsible for modeling in Oregon.
Member agencies are:
- Oregon Department of Energy (ODOE)
- Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (ODEQ)
- Oregon Health Authority (OHA)
- Oregon Housing & Community Services (OHCS)
- Oregon Department of Land Use and Conservation (DLCD)
- Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT)
- Bend Metropolitan Planning Organization (BMPO)
- Corvallis Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (CAMPO)
- Lane Council of Governments (LCOG)
- Mid-Willamette Valley Council of Governments (MWVCOG)
- Portland Metro (Metro)
- Rogue Valley Council of Governments (RVCOG)
- Southwest Washington Regional Transportation Council (RTC)
- Oregon Transportation Research & Education Consortium (OTREC)
- Port of Portland (POP)
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
OMSC Annual Reports and Program Goals
Oregon Modeling Improvement Program
For questions, please contact Becky Knudson (503-986-4113).