II. Certificate’s for Teens that complete
When you ask for certificates, there is a format that we need from now on. Remember, we are delegating to administrative staff that is not dedicated so we can’t expect anything but short term assistance each time. When you ask for certificates after you enter the new batch of students in SDES…
- Send an e-mail to ODOTDEMail@odot.state.or.us.
(If you send it to Mary or I and we’re not in, the other doesn’t know there is a request.) We can both see this e-mail account and you’re more likely to get a timely response.
- In the e-mail, in the subject line say “Certificate Request”
- In the body of the e-mail, keep it simple. We really only want two or so items in the request…
a. Name of the course (see photo), and
b. How many students you expect us to find when we look in that course.
- If you expect us to find 39 teens and we only find 37, there could be qualification issues with 2 of your teens and don’t you want to know sooner rather than later?
III. Re‐prints or Re‐Issues of Certificate’s
When you ask for re‐prints or re‐issues, you can follow the same format for the e-mail as for the original orders. The only difference is we may no longer be able to see your courses if you have already been reimbursed (The system moves the course into archives). So, we need at least two of the following (in order of importance) for each student you are requesting. . .
- Actual “IDCenter” certificate number (our favorite) which is the red control number on the certificate.
- The student's permit number
- Course completion date
- The student’s full name
*As of this print, we are completely out of the paper certificate business, so if you get a request for a replacement, you can issue a letter or certificate from your school instead. DMV won’t accept any completion certificates (paper or plastic) after 2 years.