The Oregon Department of Transportation’s social media sites are open forums, but they are also family friendly, so please keep your comments and wall posts clean. In addition to keeping it family friendly, we ask that you follow our posting guidelines here. If you don’t comply, your message will be removed.
- We will not allow personal attacks or vulgar, abusive, offensive, threatening or harassing language. This includes creative spellings of swear words using asterisks or spaces between words.
- We will not allow comments that promote, foster or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
- We will not allow comments that contain sexual content or links to sexual content.
- We will not allow comments that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- We will not allow comments or posts that violate a legal ownership interest of any other party.
- We will not allow comments that promote or advertise a person or a business or commercial transaction.
- We will not allow comments that promote or oppose any person campaigning for election to a political office or that promote or oppose any ballot measure.
- We will not allow comments or posts that disclose information which the agency and its employees are required to keep confidential by law or administrative rule.
ODOT doesn’t guarantee or warrant that any information contained in citizen comments is correct; ODOT disclaims any liability for any loss or damage resulting from any reliance on such information. You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
Opinions expressed in public comments do not necessarily reflect official positions of ODOT.
Any information posted here is considered public information and may be subject to monitoring, moderation or disclosure to third parties.
Communications made through third-party social media sites will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to the Oregon Department of Transportation or any official or employee of the state of Oregon for any purpose.
For official inquiries or correspondence or if you need immediate assistance, please email us at AskODOT@odot.state.or.us
; visit our website
or call us at 1-888-ASK-ODOT.
This comment policy is subject to modification at any time. Thank you for taking the time to read our comment policy. We hope you’ll check back with us often for news and information. Please direct questions or concerns regarding to the ODOT Communications Office