Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Local Government FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions from local governments

Who is the ODOT regional representative for my city?
It depends on the program or service. A good place to start is your local ODOT district office. Our Ask ODOT Office can help direct you to right person also.
Our Local Government Program is the place to go for assistance with federal aid transportation projects.

What is the process to follow when a city has a problem with ODOT?
 Start with your local ODOT office. If the problem cannot be resolved, contact the Ask ODOT Office for assistance.

What are the transportation funding programs that are available to local governments?
 There are a variety of transportation funding and grant opportunities available.

Where can cities/counties find out how to deliver a federally funded transportation project?
The ODOT Local Government Program’s Local Agency Guidelines Manual.

How can cities/counties partner with ODOT to address traffic safety concerns?
Contact your local ODOT district office or your local Area Commission on Transportation.

Where can cities/counties find information about transportation planning requirements?
ODOT’s Transportation Development Division has a variety of planning resources on its website or contact your local ODOT planning office.

Does ODOT provide training for local governments?
ODOT offers a number of classes open to both the public and local government employees.

Where can I find maps and mapping information?
ODOT GIS Section.

Who can I contact when I can't find what I'm looking for?
ODOT has a variety of services and resources available to our local government partners. If you can’t find what you are looking for, try our Subject Index or contact our Ask ODOT Office.