Skip to main content Homepage

Public Records Request

Request Public Records from ODVA

The Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs (ODVA) responds to requests for public records in the way described in its Public Records Requests policy. The policy outlines the fees the department charges for records, and the process the agency uses to fulfill requests.

Looking for a public record? It may already be online. Try browsing or look for data to download or embed at, Oregon's open data portal.

Ways to Request Public Records

  1. Submit your request using the convenient online submission form below.
  2. Email a written request to: The request must include: 
    • the name and address of the person requesting the public record(s);
    • the telephone number or other contact information for the person requesting the public record(s); and
    • a sufficiently detailed description of the record(s) requested to allow ODVA to search for and identify responsive records.
  3. Email a completed form RM4011 Public Records Request to:
  4. Mail your written request or form RM4011 to:
    • Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs
    • Records Officer
    • 700 Summer Street NE
    • Salem, OR 97301-1285
  5. Fax your written request or form RM4011 to the ODVA Records Officer at (503) 373-2156.

Note: A confirmation of receipt of your request will be sent no matter which submission method you choose.

Request Forms

RM4011 - Public Records Request Form

Download RM4011

RM 4012 - Public Interest Threshold Evaluation Form

Download RM4012

RM4013 - Public Interest Fee Waiver or Reduction Form

Download RM4013

Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how