The ODVA makes every attempt to provide the most comprehensive set of related sites for military veterans, spouses, and dependents. These links provide convenience and access to information. Neither the State of Oregon, nor ODVA endorses or sponsors products, services, or information provided in links outside of the Oregon.gov domain.
Casualty Assistance and Service Relief Societies
Discounts for Veterans
A list of businesses and organizations who offer discounts on goods and services for veterans and active miltary members. See list here
Military Medals, Awards and Decorations -- Order of Precedence
Oregon Military History
Survivor Benefits & Funeral Arrangements
- Survivor Benefits Home Page - Dedicated to the surviving spouses and dependents of military personnel who died while in active military service and to the survivors of veterans who died after active service.
- Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS)
- Willamette National Cemetary - 503-273-5250 - Located about 10 miles southeast of Portland in Clackamas County. A contingent of the Oregon National Guard is currently assigned to there to perform full military honors on a first assigned, first served basis.
- Oregon's Military Funeral Honors Program - 1-800-452-7500 - Public law 106-65 provides that the Oregon Army National Guard perform Veteran funeral honors for those that have served honorably in the US Armed Forces. Most services request at least 48 hours in order to organize the funeral honors detail.
- National Cemetery Administration Statewide Locations
- Burial at Sea - 1-888-647-6676 - United States Navy Mortuary Affairs - A means of final disposition of remains that is performed on United States Navy vessels. The committal ceremony is performed while the ship is deployed. Therefore, family members are not allowed to be present.
Transition and Reintegration Information
U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs official website (USDVA).
U.S. Armed Forces