Questions regarding the conference please contact: Inge Aldersebaes or Jake Rooks
View the February 2015 "News You Can Use" wellness newsletter, courtesy of the wellness experts at Healthy Team Healthy U.
IN THIS ISSUE:
Heart health and ways to lower your risk of cardiovascular disease
Interested in past issues? Use the links below:
Champs! - Wellness Champions from Oregon Schools
OEBB hosts an email listserv where anyone interested in promoting school employee wellness can share ideas, resources and success stories, ask questions and collaborate on creative solutions to challenges.
There's no obligation to attend meetings and you can contribute to the discussion as little or as much as you like. It's a convenient way for health-minded people to exchange ideas and support each other to promote wellness in the workplace.
If you would like to be included in this group, please email your contact information to email@example.com
. We will add you to the listserv and you will receive a welcome email with instructions on how to post to the group. We hope you'll join us!
Resources for Individuals
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Click here
to find out if your Educational Entity elected this benefit.
OEBB's medical carriers also offer great health and wellness resources on their websites:
OEBB Carriers' Worksite Wellness Resources
Other Worksite Wellness Resources
NEW! The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) present
Work@Health™ is an employer-based training program. The ultimate aim of the program is to improve the organizational health of participating employers and certified trainers, with an emphasis on strategies to reduce chronic disease and injury risk to employees and an eye to improving overall worker productivity.
With this kit you can set up walking routes around the office and celebrate and reward all employees who use them to go from a sedentary lifestyle to a more active one. It's a great way to get in some fitness, take a break and become more productive all at once!
Immediate benefits include:
- Employee access to program resources, including the free Walking Program and the Activity Tracker
- Materials to help promote company wellness programs to employees
- Newsletter templates for internal distribution to employees
- Consultation on CPR/AED (automated external defibrillator) programs
Alliance for a Healthier Generation
- The Alliance for a Healthier Generation works to address one of the nation’s leading public health threats -- childhood obesity. By helping school employees protect their physical and mental health, they also protect the health of students and help ensure their academic success. Their website includes a wealth of resources including a "School Wellness Council Toolkit", a resource database of potential funding opportunities, and much more.
OEA Choice Trust "Blueprint for Wellness" -
This resource is intended to be a guide to help implement and sustain a school employee wellness program. The blueprint is based off of result-oriented workplace wellness programs, and modified to fit school settings.
Improve Your Wellness Communications
New Perspectives in
Wellness & Benefit Communications
This 41-page pdf not only teaches you how to effectively communicate with employees once your program is up and running, it also helps you develop a program that people will want to participate in BEFORE you start communicating. A must-read for anyone starting up or struggling with a worksite wellness program. Download the pdf