Licensees must attest, or declare, they have met continuing education requirements upon license renewal and are subject to periodic audits specified in OAR 332-020-0015
Applicants for license renewal must submit the completed renewal form, with their signature affixed as attestation to completion of required continuing education hours. Documentation of continuing education hours earned must be provided to the agency only when selected for audit.
OHLA will audit a select percentage of licensees to verify compliance with continuing education requirements. Practitioners notified of selection for audit of continuing education attestation must submit to the agency, within 30 calendar days from the date of notification, satisfactory evidence of participation in required continuing education.
If selected for audit, the licensee must provide documentation of the required continuing education, which must include:
- Certificate of completion, official transcript, statement or affidavit from the sponsor attesting to attendance or other documentation approved by the agency
- Name of sponsoring institution/association or organization
- Title of presentation and description of content
- Name of instructor or presenter
- Date of attendance and duration in hours
- Course agenda
If documentation of continuing education is incomplete, the licensee has 30 calendar days from the date of notice to submit further documentation to substantiate having completed the required continuing education.