The Respiratory Therapist and Polysomnographic Technologist Licensing Board
consists of seven members appointed by the governor and subject to confirmation by the Oregon Senate:
- Three respiratory therapists
- Two polysomnographic technologists
- One qualified medical director for polysomnography or respiratory care
- One public member
Members of the board must be citizens of Oregon. Respiratory therapist and polysomnograhic technologist members must have engaged in the practice of respiratory care or polysomnography for a period of five or more years immediately preceding appointment.
- The term of office of each member of the board is four years, but members serve at the pleasure of the governor.
- Vacancies are filled by the governor by appointment for the unexpired term. A member holds office until the appointment and qualification of a successor.
- Members are eligible for reappointment. After serving two consecutive full terms, members must wait at least four years before being eligible for appointment to serve on the board.