FY 2012 Guidance and Application Kit From Department of Homeland Security
EHP Requirements (FEMA IB 329)
Exercise Guidance (FEMA IB 366)
FAQ on OEM Hazard Analysis Methodology
2007 EMAP Standard
2 Year Exercise Plan
EHP Form (released 6/11)
Quarterly Exercise Report Form
Quarterly Training Reports: Attended, Conducted
CPG 101 V.2 Eval Matrix Tool
OEM Hazard Analysis Methodology
Required Activities for 2012 Work Plans. These requirements are to be accomplished over the course of the year, except as specifically noted on a federally mandated deadline, to qualify for EMPG funding.
Planning – Requirements
- Basic EOP current, promulgated, and submitted to OEM. FEMA requirement: Must be updated every two years.
- CPG 101v.2 Plan Analysis Tool completed on EOP. FEMA requirement: Must be updated annually.
- Complete the Threats and Hazards Identification and Risk Assessment (THIRA) and submit to OEM no later than December 31, 2012 or federal grant funding will be suspended by FEMA. FEMA requirement: Must be updated annually.
- Natural Hazard Mitigation Plan (NHMP) current and FEMA approved. FEMA requirement: Must be updated every 5 years.
- Convene natural hazards committee at least twice a year.
Training – Requirements
- Complete a minimum of 20 hours of emergency management related training.
- Complete NIMS training (IS-100, 200, 700 and 800). FEMA requirement
- Complete Professional Development Series (7 independent study courses: IS-139, 230, 235, 240, 241, 242, and 244). FEMA requirement
- Participate in annual EMPG Workshop.
- Participate in OPS Center training.
- Report public education and outreach activities, to include news articles, radio talk shows, preparedness fairs, etc.
- Participate in state level Multi-Year Training and Exercise Plan Workshop (TEPW).
- Develop a local Multi-Year Training and Exercise Plan (TEP). FEMA requirement: Must be updated annually. (Note: This will be submitted as part of your grant application package).
Exercise – Requirements
- Develop, conduct, and participate in quarterly exercises. FEMA requirement
- Develop, conduct, and participate in annual full scale exercise. FEMA requirement
- Conduct/Participate in one Amateur Radio equipment test/exercise.
- Submit EMERS, After Action Reports, and Corrective Actions/Improvement Plans to ETO within 60 days of exercise, actual occurrence, or special event activity. Partial FEMA requirement
- Track and report on status of corrective action/improvement plan action items. FEMA requirement
- EMPG funded staff must participate in three exercises. FEMA requirement
|Functional EMPG Areas|
- Exercises: Provide a robust and comprehensive all hazards exercise program to address the needs of local, state, federal, private sector, non-profit, and Tribal entities.
- Plans: Developing, revising, or enhancing emergency management plans.
Natural Hazard Mitigation Planning: Continue the management and implementation of local government natural hazards mitigation plans (NHMPs) and projects using funding that includes, but is not limited to the Pre-Disaster Mitigation (PDM) Program, Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA) Program, Repetitive Flood Claims (RFC) Program, Severe Repetitive Loss (SRL) Program, and Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP). All 36 Counties will have a locally adopted FEMA approved NHMP.
- Training: To provide a comprehensive, all hazards training program to address the needs of local, state, federal, private sector, non-profit, and Tribal entities.
- Public Education: To provide emergency preparedness information and training to the general public. Develop a strong Public Information program across the state.