Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Find     
Site Image
Press Release
August 30, 2006
Baker City Armory dedicated Aug 31
 
The Oregon National Guard will dedicate the Baker City Armory in a public ceremony Aug. 31, 10 a.m. in the armory. The recently built armory will be dedicated to the soldiers of Company F, 186th Infantry Regiment, an Oregon National Guard unit mobilized for service in World War II. About a dozen veterans of Company F will attend the dedication.
 
Media and the public are welcome. The armory address is 1640 Campbell Street.
 
The armory is a state of the art facility which will house Company F (-), Forward Support Company of the 145th Brigade Support Battalion. Construction of the armory was completed in October 2005.
 
Construction of the armory was made possible by cooperation between the Oregon National Guard and federal, state, county and city agencies and officials.
 
 
 
 
Contact:
 
Oregon National Guard Public Affairs Office
503-584-3917
 
Kay Fristad
503-584-3917
cell 503-931-5179
 
Capt Mike Braibish
503-584-3886
cell 503-932-5805