Effective January 1, 2008
1. All requests for public records must be in writing, and addressed to Paul Levy, General Counsel, Office of Public Defense Services, 1175 Court Street NE, Salem, OR 97301-4030.
2. The Office of Public Defense Services (OPDS) may charge fees for providing public records, and may require that fees be paid before public records are made available. When prepayment of fees is required, OPDS will provide an estimate of the cost for providing public records prior to processing a request.
3. Fees charged may reflect the actual costs of locating, compiling, redacting, making available for inspection, preparing a copy in paper or machine-readable format, and delivering public records.
4. In lieu of calculating the actual cost, OPDS may impose the following standard fees:
a. Making photocopies: $0.25/ page;
b. Certification of Public Record, $5.00/ record.
5. Requests for fee waivers must be in writing. OPDS will waive some or all of the cost of providing public records when:
a. It is more cost-effective for OPDS to waive fees, or
b. The requestor demonstrates that disclosure of the records is in the public interest because it affects the community or society as a whole and helps us meet our responsibilities to them.