The mission of the Board of Geologist Examiners is to help assure the safety, health, and welfare of Oregonians with regard to the public practice of geology through:
1. Licensing of those engaged in the public practice of geology;
2. Response to complaints from the public and members of the profession;
3. Public education directed at appropriate regulatory communities;
4. Cooperation with closely related Boards and Commissions;
5. Attention to ethics; and
6. Systematic outreach to counties, cities, and registrants.