OSBN Nursing Practice Committee
The Nursing Practice Committee responds to issues regarding RN/LPN scope of practice, and requests for rule review or formulation. Components of the committee are as follows.
- Committee meetings are held on a quarterly basis.
- Committee meetings comply with the Oregon Public Meeting Law.
- Committee members serve two-year terms.
- Committee members represent a geographical diversity and a variety of healthcare practice settings.
- Committee goal is to review/revise current Board policies, position statements, and administrative rules as directed and with the schedule set by the Board/Board staff, including responding to requests formally submitted on the Request for OSBN Issue Review form.
- Committee goal is to respond, as directed by the Board, to the changing healthcare environment by addressing scope-of-practice issues and developing policies and positions statements as needed.
- Committee goal is to discuss and deliberate scope-of-practice issues when requested, and make recommendations to the Board regarding specific issues.
|Committee Forms, Policies, and Minutes|
|Nursing Practice Committee Policy and Form
- Jessica Andry, RN, BSN, Douglas County [Infusion Therapy, Perioperative]
- Lynn Barton, RN, MSN, CNS, Lincoln County [Nursing Faculty]
- Linda Bifano, RN, MPH, DNP, FGNLA, Multnomah County [Community-Based Care, Quality Improvement]
- David Brown, BSN, RN, Washington County [Corrections]
- Shannon Carefoot, RN, BSN, CCRN, Yamhill County [Critical, Palliative]
- Dee Anna Chamberlain, RN, MSN, CNS, Polk County [Home Care]
- Annette Cole, RN, MSN, Klamath County [Acute Care]
- Kathryn Holloway, RN, MSN, Clackamas County [Education, Gerontology, Surgical]
- Lisa Krening, MPH, BSN, CPAN, NE-BC, Clackamas County [Nursing Administration]
- Shannon Ryan, RN, BSN, Jackson County [School Health]
- Ann Vrabel, RN, MSN, Multnomah County [School, Public Health]
- Julia Willis, LPN, Benton County [Community-Based Care, Gerontology]
- Deborah Cateora, RN, BSN, Manager [Oregon Department of Human Services, Office of Licensing and Regulatory Oversight]
- Jordan Ferris, RN, BSN, CMSRN, [Oregon Nurses Association, Professional Services]
- Gretchen Koch, RN, MSN, OSBN Board Staff [Policy Analyst, RN/LPN Practice]
- Christina Cowgill, RN, CRNA, APRN, OSBN Board Staff [Policy Analyst, Advanced Practice]
- Wendy Bigelow, BSN, RN, OSBN Board Staff [Nurse Investigator]
|OSBN Nursing Practice Policies|