The Nursing Practice Committee as a formal charter has been disbanded effective March 2017.
Each committee member’s contribution of time, professional expertise, and commitment to safe practice has aided the Board’s mission to safeguard the public's health and well-being. The membership’s contribution is memorialized in the collection of Board-approved nursing practice Interpretive Statements located at OSBN Policies & Interpretive Statements.
The Committee membership is graciously thanked for their service:
- Jessica Andry, RN, BSN, Douglas County [Infusion Therapy, Perioperative]
- Lynn Barton, RN, MSN, CNS, Lincoln County [Nursing Faculty]
- Linda Bifano, RN, MPH, DNP, FGNLA, Multnomah County [Community-Based Care, Quality Improvement]
- David Brown, BSN, RN, Washington County [Corrections]
- Shannon Carefoot, RN, BSN, CCRN, Yamhill County [Critical, Palliative]
- Dee Anna Chamberlain, RN, MSN, CNS, Polk County [Home Care]
- Annette Cole, RN, MSN, Klamath County [Acute Care]
- Kathryn Holloway, RN, MSN, Clackamas County [Education, Gerontology, Surgical]
- Lisa Krening, MPH, BSN, CPAN, NE-BC, Clackamas County [Nursing Administration]
- Tamara Markovich, RNBS, MSN, CPHRM, Douglas County [Risk Management]
- Shannon Ryan, RN, BSN, Jackson County [School Health]
- Ann Vrabel, RN, MSN, Multnomah County [School, Public Health]
- Julia Willis, LPN, Benton County [Community-Based Care, Gerontology]
- Deborah Cateora, RN, BSN, Manager [Oregon Department of Human Services, Office of Licensing and Regulatory Oversight]
- Jordan Ferris, RN, BSN, CMSRN, [Oregon Nurses Association, Professional Services]
- Wendy Bigelow, BSN, RN, OSBN Board Staff [Nurse Investigator]
The work of one remaining subcommittee will continue until the subcommittee’s deliverable is completed. The remaining subcommittee is revising an Oregon RN Delegation course that will be published by the Board at future date.
In the spring of 2018, the former membership will be invited to a publically noticed meeting where the status of currently posted OSBN Interpretive Statements related to RN and LPN practice will be evaluated.
Questions may be directed to OSBN RN/LPN Practice Policy Analyst Gretchen Koch, RN, MSN, at firstname.lastname@example.org.