OSBN Nursing Practice Committee
The Nursing Practice Committee responds to issues regarding RN/LPN scope of practice, and requests for rule review or formulation. Components of the committee are as follows.
- Committee meetings are held on a quarterly basis.
- Committee meetings comply with the Oregon Public Meeting Law.
- Committee members serve two-year terms.
- Committee members represent a geographical diversity and a variety of healthcare practice settings.
- Committee goal is to review/revise current Board policies, position statements, and administrative rules as directed and with the schedule set by the Board/Board staff, including responding to requests formally submitted on the Request for OSBN Issue Review form.
- Committee goal is to respond, as directed by the Board, to the changing healthcare environment by addressing scope-of-practice issues and developing policies and positions statements as needed.
- Committee goal is to discuss and deliberate scope-of-practice issues when requested, and make recommendations to the Board regarding specific issues.
|Committee Forms, Policies, and Minutes|
|Nursing Practice Committee Policy and Form
Practice Issue Review Policy and Form
- Committee Minutes, May 2010
- Committee Minutes, September 2010
- Committee Minutes, February 2011
- Committee Minutes, June 2011
- Committee Minutes, September 2011
- Committee Minutes, December 2011
- Committee Minutes, February 2012
- Committee Minutes, April 2012
- Committee Minutes, July 2012
- Committee Minutes, January 2013
- Committee Minutes, March 2013
- Committee Minutes, May 2013
- Committee Minutes, August 2013
- Committee Minutes, March 2014
- Committee Minutes, May 2014
- Jessica Andry, RN, BSN, Douglas County [Infusion Therapy, Perioperative]
- Linda Bifano, RN, MPH, DNP, FGNLA [Community-Based Care, Quality Improvement]
- David Brown, BSN, RN [Corrections]
- Shannon Carefoot, RN, BSN, CCRN, Yamhill County [Critical, Palliative]
- Dee Anna Chamberlain, RN, MSN, CNS, Polk County [Home Care]
- Annette Cole, RN, MSN [Acute Care]
- Christina Cowgill, RN, CRNA, Multnomah County [Ambulatory, Surgical]
- Kathryn Holloway, RN, MSN, Clackamas County [Education, Gerontology, Surgical]
- Shannon Ryan, RN, BSN, Jackson County [School Health]
- Lynda Tucker, RN, MS, Clackamas County [Regulation, Policy]
- Ann Vrabel, RN, MSN, Multnomah County [School, Public Health]
- Julia Willis, LPN, Benton County [Community-Based Care, Gerontology]
- Collista Zook, RN, MS, CNS, Multnomah County [Emergency, Trauma, Forensic]
- Deborah Cateora, RN, BSN, Manager [Seniors and People with Disabilities]
- Sue Davidson, RN, PhD, CNS
- Pamela Ruona, MHR, P Ruona Consulting
- Joy Ingwerson, RN, MS, OSBN Board Staff [Policy Analyst, Nursing Education]
- Gretchen Koch, RN, MSN, OSBN Board Staff [Policy Analyst, RN/LPN Practice]
|OSBN Nursing Practice Policies|