Classroom course providers offering a discount on classes during the week of March 18-24:
- FREE Klamath County -March 24 at the Klamath County Community College (KCC), 7390 S. 6th St., Klamath Falls. Room 207. Class begins at 9 am and continues until 4 pm. Contact KCC at (541) 880-2253 to register. Course materials can be picked up ahead of time at the Klamath County Sheriff's Office
- FREE US Coast Guard Flotilla 62 -March 24 at Englund Marine, 95 Hamburg St., in Astoria. Registration begins at 7:45 am. Class begins at 8 am and continues to 4 pm.
- US Coast Guard Auxiliary, Charleston -March 24 at the US Coast Guard Station at the Charleston Marina. $15 two-for-one! Preregistration required. Contact George Tinker (541) 267-6152. Class begins at 8 am and continues until 5:15 pm.
- Boat Oregon Course, Multnomah County -March 17 at Fisherman's Marine & Outdoor, 1120 N. Hayden Meadows Dr., Portland. Pre-registration required. Cost $10. Class begins at 9:15 and continues until 4:30 pm. Equivalency exams being offered for $5 after 4:30 pm. Contact Leroy Bentley (503) 502-1051, email@example.com.
- Jackson County -March 24 at the Sportsman's Warehouse, 1710 Delta Waters Rd, in Medford. Class begins at 9:30 and continues until 4:30 pm. Pre-register with Tiney Singler (541) 301-8007. Cost $25 and $15 for each additional family member/friend. Fee includes lunch!