Public Records Requests
|OWEB Public Records Request Procedure|
Public records requests should be sent to:
Eric Hartstein, Public Records Coordinator
Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board
775 Summer Street NE, Suite 360
Salem, OR 97301-1290
Fax: (503) 986-0199
A request to inspect or obtain copies of a public record should include:
- The name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number of the requester;
- Identification of the needed public record or of the type and format of needed public record information, if known;
- The time period the records or information were produced and the staff involved in producing the records or relevant information, if known; and
- The number of copies for each item requested of the record, if copies are requested.
There is no fee for obtaining one or more copies of a public record, if providing one or more copies of that particular public record without charge is part of OWEB’s ongoing business of administering its programs at the time of the request. This includes, but is not limited to the public distribution of OWEB reports, news releases and public notices, the routine provision of documents related the Oregon Plan, or the routine provision of public records or information related to OWEB’s administration of its grant programs.
Other than this exception, no fee waiver or reduction will be given if OWEB’s actual costs to provide inspection or copies of the record would be paid from funds dedicated to watershed protection under Article IV, Section 4b, of the Oregon Constitution, federal funding allocated by intergovernmental agreement to salmon recovery efforts, or license plate revenues statutorily dedicated to salmon recovery projects.
OWEB’s fees for public record requests were adopted by the OWEB Board on March 20, 2008 and continue to be in effect (2014). Those fees are:
- No charge for the first 30 minutes of staff time to provide the information requested.
- $25 per hour for Support Services staff time after the first 30 minutes.
- $40 per hour for Professional Services staff time after the first 30 minutes.
- No charge for the first 25 printed or photocopied pages.
- 25 cents per single-sided printed or photocopied page after the first 25 pages.
- 50 cents per two-sided printed or photocopied page after the first 13 pages.
- 25 cents per page faxed.
- $2 per audio tape.
- $2 per CD.
- Actual costs of mailing and/or shipping the materials.
If the request appears to require services for which no fee has been established, the actual costs will be determined or estimated by OWEB and the requester will be notified of such prior to OWEB complying with the request.
Public Records Administrative Rules (adopted by the Board on March 20, 2008).