Please submit records requests using this general online form.
However, if you seek a mailing list of active licensees for a particular license type, please use this request form. It allows you to narrow your request by county and select a form of payment. If paying by credit card, fax or mail your request and do not send via email.
Processing the request
After receiving your request, the division will notify you within five business days if more information or fees are necessary to process the request. If fees are required, records will be provided (either via email or U.S. mail) after payment is received. If no fees are required, the records will be provided as soon as they have been prepared, duplicated, or both.
The division has established fees reasonably calculated to reimburse it for the actual cost of making the public records available. If the fee is more than $25, the division will send the requestor a written cost estimate before proceeding with the request. The following is a list of charges that are standard throughout the division:
- Staff time required to locate, produce, summarize or otherwise provide records (this does not include making copies; labor is included in the fee for copying):
- Secretarial/clerical, $25 per hour.
- Professional/technical, $45 per hour.
- Information Technology and Research Section research analyst, $63 per hour.
- Information Technology and Research Section, IT-Application Development and Computer Support Services, $70 per hour.
- Actual attorney fees charged to the department for the cost of time spent by an attorney in reviewing the request and the actual records or segregating the public records into exempt and nonexempt records.
- There is no charge for less than a half-hour of staff time. This minimum can only apply to one request per requestor per month.
- Photocopies/microfilm, 25 cents per page (includes cost of labor). There is no charge for fewer than 40 pages. This minimum can only apply to one request per requestor per month.
- Copies of existing mailing lists with labels, $5 per 100 names, with no additional charge for staff time.
- Laser photos, $1 per page plus staff time.
- Video tape, $12.50; audio tape, $5 (includes staff time); CD, $6.
- Certified document, $10 (includes staff time).
- Other items that can be included in the cost of a copy:
- Shipping charges (including postage).
- Cost of fax transmission if long distance.
- Printing costs.
- Actual cost of any other supplies or services necessary to furnish the material.
- Department of Administrative Services (DAS) or other external processing charges.
The division will evaluate requests to reduce or waive fees on a case-by-case basis. The division will take into consideration the cost of producing the information and whether making the records available primarily benefits the general public. A person who believes that there has been an unreasonable denial of a fee waiver or fee reduction may petition the Attorney General or the district attorney in the same manner as a person petitions when inspection of a public record is denied under ORS 192.410 to 192.505.