The Oregon Inspector Certification (OIC) class is designed for individuals who are new to the building industry and seeking employment in Oregon as an inspector. The class highlights the roles and responsibilities of building officials, inspectors, and plans examiners. Unless otherwise stated in OAR 918-098-1010, every person who performs building official duties, building code inspections, or plan reviews must possess a valid OIC.
- This class is only taught onsite and is not available online.
- Course materials are provided by the division.
- Class size is limited to 20 students.
- OIC classes are open for registration until the enrollment limit is reached or the posted date of closure. Registrations are processed in the order received. If seating limit is reached while a registration is being processed, the individual will be asked to select another class date.
- OIC will be issued within one week of successfully passing the exam.
8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Class instruction begins at 8:30 a.m.
• Brief lunch break provided
• 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. – Exam
Note: Please arrive at minimum 15 minutes early to sign in, receive materials and locate a seat.
Building Codes Division
1535 Edgewater St. NW, CR C
Salem, OR 97304
Conflict of interest - if you are currently working as a contractor, Oregon Administrative Rule (see OAR 918-098-1475) prohibits you from working as a contractor while working as an inspector in Oregon.