You must hold a valid
Oregon Inspector Certification (OIC) and a Commercial Plumbing Inspector (PI) certification prior to registering for this course.
The Medical Gas Inspector course explains the codes and processes for performing plumbing medical gas inspections covered on "commercial plumbing" installations covered by the Oregon Plumbing Specialty Code. The course addresses the various components of plumbing medical gas installations that are verified during the inspection process. The course is taught through interactive training between the instructor and students, specific questions and assigned research, and a final review. Students who successfully complete the course will be issued an Oregon Medical Gas Inspector certification.
Students must attend this three-day course in person; it is not available online.
Prerequisite: You must have a valid Oregon Plumbing Inspector Certification (PI).
Visit the registration page for dates.
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (three full days)
20210 SW Teton Ave.,
Tualatin, OR 97062
$375 (includes certification fee)
- Course is typically limited to 15 students, but depending on jurisdictional need course size may be increased.
- The course runs for approximately three days (eight hours per day).
- Class will not be held on holidays and may be rescheduled during a holiday week.
- This course must be attended in person (location to be determined by BCD).
Students are required to
purchase the materials listed below and have them available on the first day of
class. Please be aware it can take up to three weeks for an order to arrive.
- 2017 Oregon Plumbing Specialty Code (OPSC)
- NFPA 99 2012 Edition
- code book vendors