The requirements are found in ORS 675.533
- A Master's Degree in Social Work
- ASWB Master's Exam (required beginning January 1, 2013)
- Oregon Jurisprudence Exam
The LMSW Application includes:
Pages 1-7 are required for all licenses. Pages 8-12 are specifically applicable to CSWA applicants. You may leave this off your submission.
Each applicant seeking to become licensed must meet and/or complete the requirements for the Licensed Master Social Worker as outlined in Division 15 of the Oregon Administrative Rules. The applicant must complete and submit the application. Please take note of the sections within the application that may or may not be applicable.
- FINGERPRINT AND BACKGROUND CHECK INSTRUCTIONS
An applicant may have their fingers printed with any agency that provides this service. Out of state fingerprinting is perfectly acceptable, however we can only accept Live Scan fingerprints done in Oregon. When registering for Fielprint Oregon, use your zip code to find a location near you.
To schedule a fingerprinting appointment for Live Scan please follow these simple instructions:
2. Click on the "Schedule an Appointment" button.
3. Select the State government for the state you are printing in.
4. Enter an email address under "New Users/Sign Up" and click the "Sign Up" button. Follow the instructions for creating a Password and Security Question and then click "Sign Up and Continue"
5. Enter the Fieldprint Code: FPORSocialWorkersDAS
6. Enter the contact and demographic information required by the FBI and schedule a fingerprint appointment at the location of your choosing. . Enter the contact and demographic information required by the FBI and schedule a fingerprint appointment at the location of your choosing.
If you choose to use ink printing, use the form and instructions, below.
An official transcript is required as part of the application process and is to be mailed directly from your graduate school to the Board office at 3218 Pringle Road SE, Suite 240, Salem, OR 97302. Please note on the application if the name printed on your transcript is different from your current legal name.
Together with Oregon's Rules and Statutes for reference, this is an open-book, self-administered quiz on the Rules and Statutes governing Oregon social workers.
Once completed, the exam should be mailed, faxed, or emailed back to the Board's office for scoring. As applicable, the Oregon Jurisprudence Exam may be required a second time if there are any changes to Oregon's Rules and Statutes prior to licensure.
It is the policy of the Board that all applicants pass the Jurisprudence exam prior to issuance of a license or certificate.