Oregon Family Leave Act (OFLA) 1 Day Seminar
|Technical Assistance for Employers: Seminars|
The Oregon Family Leave Act (OFLA), enacted by the Oregon Legislature in 1995, requires employers to provide employees up to 12 weeks of protected leave during a leave year (except that under certain circumstances, women can take up to 36 weeks in a year and men can take up to 24 weeks in a year). If you are an employer with 25 to 49 employees in Oregon you are covered under OFLA. If you are an employer with 50 or employees in Oregon you are covered under both OFLA and the federal Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
Who Should Attend?
This one-day seminar is designed primarily to help employers with 25 to 49 employees, their office managers, payroll staff, front-line managers and supervisors understand the OFLA requirements. It is also helpful for the human resources staff in companies with 50 or more employees in Oregon to have a better understanding of the unique OFLA requirements that are different from the FMLA.
What Are the Topics?
We will have in-depth discussions on:
- Bereavement Leave
- Sick Child Leave
- Pregnancy Disability Leave
- Parental Leave
- Adoptive Parent Leave
- Foster Parent Leave
- Serious Health Condition Leave (for the employee or employee’s family member)
- How to manage intermittent leave
- How to handle the insurance coverage
- Plus much more including your questions and our answers
We will also explore the interactions of OFLA and other leave laws by answering questions like:
- When an injured worker files a Form 801, how does that affect his/her OFLA entitlement?
- After an off-the-job accident, will the employee get more than 12 weeks off to recover from the injury?
- Can a military family member use OFLA when the military service member is not wounded?
- How does a victim of domestic violence access OFLA leave?
We will discuss the paperwork involved and provide a number of helpful forms including:
- Sample Leave Request Form
- Sample Leave Eligibility Response Form
- Sample Leave Denial Form
- Sample Designation Letter
- Sample Medical Certification Form
- Sample Cure Deficiency Medical Certification Letter
- Sample Tracking Form
How Does the Seminar Benefit You?
The Oregon Family Leave Act and its implementing regulations are both complex and hard to understand. TA can make the job of understanding and administering these laws easier. Join us for a straightforward, engaging and interactive one-day seminar on OFLA.